Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Isabelle Bryer Is In The Window

Loving these sweet twin mermaids
A touch of her new black and white work featured in the window at Ten Women

A variety of Isabelle's paintings as prints and mounted on wood
In the window
 What can I say about Isabelle Bryer and her incredible paintings but AWESOME! BEAUTIFUL! GLORIOUSLY WHIMSICAL! FANTASY FULFILLED! AMAZINGLY TALENTED! etc. etc. etc........

From the first moment I saw Isabelle's paintings, I knew that there was something special happening here.  After meeting Isabelle, I realized that her work comes from her heart and soul and that's why it's so special.

Introducing Isabelle Bryer....
 
I am a French painter now living in Los Angeles. Years ago I traveled from Lyon, France to New-York City for work as a fashion designer where I met my future husband and moved to beautiful L.A. The first portrait I ever painted was of my daughter. Then over the years I got commissioned to paint many more. During this time I developed my own artistic style and began creating my own body of work. My originals currently are hanging in many different countries from China to England. My work has also appeared on television shows and movies including "How I Met Your Mother", "Hannah Montana" & "My Sister's Keeper" among others. Some of my paintings are still available as originals and most of them as Giclee prints as well. They are also available as prints on wood or signed, numbered limited edition prints on eco-friendly bamboo archival paper. If you have any questions, comments or would like to discuss commission work or a studio visit please feel free to e-mail me.

"The best thing about being an artist is that you can create for yourself a whole new world and you get to decide who belongs in it. My universe is a peaceable kingdom where humans, angels, animals and mermaids live in harmony. My paintings are a reflection of what inspires me the most; the imagery of folk tales where courage and innocence are victorious over fear and also religious icons were purity and femininity shines through. I imagine a quiet paradise with legged birds carrying on silent conversations with fish in ponds. The characters who inhabit my artistic universe are loyal and kind and their hearts are pure. They have a deep connection to nature and the spiritual world. Cats or foxes are unlikely angels watching over humans. I like portraits to be theatrical and poetic. The realism of the human figure lies in opposition to the naïve treatment of the landscape as often seen in the folk tradition."
Isabelle's space at the gallery

Isabelle offers her beautiful work as original paintings, prints and mounted prints
 Isabelle is sort after by many admirers of her wonderful paintings.  She is featured in the window at the gallery at present so stop by to see an outstanding sampling of what you will find inside.  It's definitely worth the visit.

2 comments:

  1. Isabelle, you are so talented! I am such a fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Ten Women Gallery on Montana Ave. Purchased Isabelle Bryer's mermaid print.

    ReplyDelete